- Athey, Samuel Milton, 8th VA Inf. Co. K
- Carrol, Rev.
- Crymes, Rev. Thomas from Franklin County, GA (Baptist Preacher)
- Eddy, Rev. from TX
Alonzo, (Methodist minister from SC)
- Reese, Parson from VA
- Tabb, Rev. Father John (Priest of
Amelia County, VA)
- Traywick, Rev. J. B.
- Walker, Rev. William W. from Westmoreland
County, VA (Methodist preacher)
- Capt. Alexander Maness Co. D 21st VA Inf. (perished at
Mr. Alonzo Morgan was with an Engineering Corps from Sumpter,
SC. He taught school in a vacant cook house at Point Lookout.
He had prayers every morning before school and preached every
Sunday. He had 150 men to attend his school in the first
month, which soon grew to over 1200. He often signed his
name "Supertendant P.W.C. School." ...Pt. Lookout
Prison Camp for Confederates by Edwin Beitzell, pg. 60, 62,106,197
POW Bartlett Y. Malone wrote in his Pt. Lookout diary: We
have a preacher to every division in the Camp. Mr. Carrol
preaches to our division which is the 8th...."Pt. Lookout
Prison Camp for Confederates" by Edwin Beitzell, pg.